Re: handling multiple forwardees

1996-07-26 14:45:16
dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com (David W. Tamkin) wrote:
Here's one way: if there is a comma in an addressee header, or if there are
two or more non-empty addressee headers, we have more than one addressee:

       MULTIPLES
       :0
       * ^TO[a-z].*,.*[a-z]
       { MULTIPLES=yes }
       :0E
       * 1^1 ^TO[a-z]
       * -1^0
       { MULTIPLES=yes }

But remember, it looks for more than one addressee in the headers, not more
than one recipient on the envelope.  There are many circumstances under which
the two can differ.

i'd like to make use of this, but i find it can trip up, in particular
for a message directed to me, with a comment that includes a comma:

To: "Brian J. Coan, Political Skeleton" <brian(_at_)igc(_dot_)apc(_dot_)org>

this gets a MULTIPLES=yes value.  any possibility of refining
the match?

Brian J. Coan   PeaceNet * EcoNet * ConflictNet * LaborNet * WomensNet
1+415-322-9069                     Institute for Global Communications
brian(_at_)igc(_dot_)apc(_dot_)org          Association for Progressive
Communications