Looking for details of Proc

1996-07-28 19:01:33
Dear all,

As the subject states, I am looking for all the details I can get on how
procmail implements its file locking mechanisms.

For example does it simply create a file (lock file) for the file it wishes to
lock.  And checking for the presents of the lockfile is enough to stop other
processes entering a mail file for example.  Or does procmail use fcntl or some
other system function to acquire a lock on an open file descriptor?

Any information would be of great help.

Cheers,
Craig.

Craig Munday
Software Engineer                                 Tel: +61 2 9957 1036
Access Systems Pty. Limited                       Fax: +61 2 9959 5111
Level 10, 20 Berry Street
North Sydney NSW 2065                             Email:
craigm(_at_)access(_dot_)com(_dot_)au
Australia
http://www.access.com.au/
__________________ CHILD'S PLAY ON THE SUPERHIGHWAY ________________