Re: Message from Martin Thompson

1996-08-01 15:28:46

thompson(_at_)cu48(_dot_)crl(_dot_)aecl(_dot_)ca (Martin A. Thompson) writes:
I would like to sort a huge amount of incoming mail messages according to
country
of origin. I intend to have the 'senders' include a line similar to

Country: Canada

or

Country: Zambia

How would I sort on this field in the BODY of a message and save to
appropriately named country folders if I do not know what countries
to expect?

ie. the above should go into

IN.Canada

and

IN.Zambia

Any ideas or tricks???

:0:
* B ?? ^Country: *\/[a-z]+
IN.$MATCH

Notes:
o       procmail is case insensitive by default, so we only need to
        match [a-z].
o       If you want to match more than letters, you almost certainly
        should _not_ match slash to avoid directory problems.  It
        shouldn't be a security hole, but it could be ugly.
o       The "B ??" bit makes procmail match against the body instead
        of the header.
o       The magic \/ regexp token and $MATCH were introduced in procmail
        version 3.10  To do this with an earlier version of procmail would
        require an outside process and would be quite a bit slower and
        less efficient, though possible.  Upgrading procmail would be the
        prefered solution of course.

Philip Guenther