Unidentified subject!

1996-08-02 11:17:35
Here is what I use to file email from known friends in my friends
mailbox, and anything that is not specifically addressed to me in the
junk mailbox. Anything else (ie., addressed specifically to me, but
not from a known friend,) would be placed in my normal mailbox. I use
emacs, and if the sender of a message has a mail(1) alias, it is filed
in the friends mailbox.

The idea of filtering mail that is not specifically addressed to me is
that a lot of "spammed" sales mail will not have a valid To: record,
(ie., it will contain something like "address list suppressed," or the
like,) since it was made by plumbing the message into rmail/sendmail
with a zillion addresses on the command line, (and sendmail cuts the
To: headers.)

SENDER=`formail -rtzx To:`

:0 h
* ? test -f ~/.mailrc
* ? fgrep -i -s "$SENDER" ~/.mailrc
{
    :0:
    friends

* !^TOme(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
junk

For what its worth ...

        John

--

John Conover, 631 Lamont Ct., Campbell, CA., 95008, USA.
VOX 408.370.2688, FAX 408.379.9602