Re: Email, pages and faxes...oh my!

1996-08-07 09:08:57

We use hylafax (formerly flexfax) to send email and any other things
through fax. We have a procmail filter setup that takes To: addresses
of fax+<user>

looks up the <user> portion in a fax database of user->phone number
mappings, and sends the fax (body of the message) to that phone number.
The fax software itself takes care of the conversion from ascii, PS, whatever
to fax format.

Pagers aren't much different.

Doug Hughes                                     Engineering Network Services
System/Net Admin                                Auburn University
                        doug(_at_)eng(_dot_)auburn(_dot_)edu