uuencode -> MIME

1996-08-10 10:18:40
I am new to procmail and starting to understand its virtually
endless list of uses.  Well, I understand it has a virtually
endless list of uses...I just haven't figured them all out
yet :-).

Quite frequently, I receive mail that has multiple attachments
uuencoded after the text of the message.  I am attempting
(wanting) to use procmail to screen for this mail, convert those
attachments to MIME and deliver the resulting mail to my mailbox
with the rest of the text.  I was reading through the
"best_of_procmail_list" and saw a post someone made that
indicated they were trying to do the same thing, using perl to do
the filtering, but no script was posted.

Has anybody out there done this yet and could you share this
with me?  I unfortulately do not know how to program in perl
yet, but I have a feeling this must not be too difficult in perl.

Thanks,

Mike
                          * Mike Blatchley *
                * email: Mike_Blatchley(_at_)maxtor(_dot_)com *
              * MIME Mail Reader * PGP Key Available *