Re: Help: running a C program when mail arrives

1996-08-10 14:23:40
David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com> wrote:
I am very sure that that's the case ONLY if you have the `w' or `W' flag on
the filtering recipe.  Without `w' or `W', procmail won't care about a bad
exit status from the filter and will replace the filtered portion with what-
ever standard output the filter produced.

True, but...

 It may still report an error to
the log but it won't recover the previous text.  This, for example, will
destroy the body of a message, even without `i':

:0fb
| false

No, not on all occasions.  Procmail will not care about the exitcode
here.  However, if procmail detects a write error, it *will* recover
(because of the missing 'i' flag).  Procmail will only detect a write
error in such a case if the mail is long enough and does not fit in the
pipe buffer that's in the kernel (typically 10KB).

And, to answer the orignal question:
Dustin Tenney <tenney(_at_)pconline(_dot_)com> wrote:
program.  Also when procmail saves a message to a folder it seems to add
an extra line to the file, is there any way to disable this.  Thanks.

Try putting the 'r' flag to your recipe.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

"My name is Smith, the P is not pronounced."