forwarding question

1996-09-07 08:20:32
Hello,

I have one question on auto mail forwarding using procmail.
I am providing my friends with mail address to forward his/her prefer mail
address
 using procmail.
Curently my .procmailrc is like,

:0
* ^TOmyfriend-a(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
! aaa(_at_)abc(_dot_)com

:0
* ^TOmyfriend-b(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
! xyz(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com

This is working well.
But I found some mail which cannot be forwarded using this.
I am new to procmail, so this could be wrong.
My assumption is that those mails which has no clear TO: field cannot be
forwarded.
Like mailling list mail which does not have exact TO: field of subscriber
and like
newsletter which has To: (Recipient list suppressed).

Am I correct ?

And I found myfriend-a(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com information not in TO: but in
header like,

mydomain.com (8.7.5/8.6.12) with ESMTP id VAA18169 for
<myfriend-a(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com>; Sun, 18 Aug 1996 21:25:57 -0400 (EDT).

Is there any good idea to forward those mails using this header information ?
I need to forward both APARENT TO: and HIDE TO:.

Thank you for your help.
From FAR EAST. forgive my poor english.

Takashi Hakii
hakii(_at_)netlaputa(_dot_)or(_dot_)jp