Newbie vacation query

1996-09-19 08:15:04
Procmail newbie question.

Replies to fdpx(_at_)cronos(_dot_)com until I straighten out the rest of the
mail system.....

I am trying to install a program to do the same as vacation.
Vacation versions looked naff, procmail looked more promising.
(And less overhead than using perl)

Using PTX 2.1.8 on a Sequent.

On building I get some 'Arguement incompatible with prototype'
 as well as the normal loop warning, is this significant ?

Using the vacation example from the manual, with a little tweaking
to save time, I get an a vacation.cache with appropriate entries,
but no reply message.

I have tested out the command with the second rule, and that works okay.
Its as though the second rule is never run.

ptx uname stuff:
3.2.0 V2.1.8 i386

.forward contents
\temp1, "| /usr/lbin/procmail"

.procmailrc contents
SHELL=/bin/ksh
PATH=$PATH:/usr/lbin

:O Whc: vacation.lock
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| formail -rD 8192 vacation.cache

:O ehc
| (formail -rA"Precedence: junk" \
   -A"X-Loop: temp1(_at_)cronos(_dot_)com" ;\
  echo "I received your mail " ; \
  echo "but won't be able to read it " ;\
  echo " Till I sort the mail out" ; \
  echo "--- " ; cat $HOME/.signature \
  ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

procmail -v output:
procmail v3.10 1994/10/31 written and created by Stephen R. van den Berg

berg(_at_)pool(_dot_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

Submit questions/answers to the procmail-related mailinglist by sending to:
        procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

And of course, subscription and information requests for this list to:
        procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de

Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl(), lockf()
Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
System mailbox:         /usr/mail/$LOGNAME