Re: Recipe Woes

1996-09-27 02:01:43

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Jerry Alexandratos wrote:

This is probably really easy, but I'm must not getting the grasp of it.
I'm piping some junk mail to /dev/null.  The problem is that this junk
mail is coming from two or three sources.  What I would like to do is be
able to have a comment put in the $LOGFILE and have that appear when I
do a mailstat.

I've done the following

:0
  ^^ You need a `c' flag (Change it to :0c)
* ^From.*junk
/dev/null

  :0 A
  LOG=junk1

Add braces to this recipe:
:0 A
{ LOG='junk1
' } # Note: the qoutes are on different lines. This way your comment will be
# written on a separate line in the logfile.

Is there anyway that I can send the mail to /dev/null and have the
Folder: line just contain the comment?

I think you could use LASTFOLDER for this. Untested:

:0
* ^From.*junk
{
:0c
/dev/null

LASTFOLDER=junk1
DELIVERED=yes
HOST=dead
}

Good luck.

- --
Guy Geens <guy(_dot_)geens(_at_)elis(_dot_)rug(_dot_)ac(_dot_)be>: Ph.D.
student at ELIS -- TFCG / IMEC
Home Page: http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/ELISgroups/tfcg/staff/gg.html
finger ggeens(_at_)elis(_dot_)rug(_dot_)ac(_dot_)be for PGP public keys (or use
keyserver)

Stretch, sweat, pierce, lash, choke, crush this strange desire to fly.
Shadows in the heat, weaving on the ground,
Sparkle in the sun, boil in the dark, start to vapourize...
Here comes that need to fly... to fly!
Muscles in the dust, figures in the light,
Choking in the haze, lashing at the heart.
Hurt, a desire to... Fire, a desire to...
Shout, try to... Burst, try to... fly.