procmail problems on an ultrix v4.3 (rev. 44)

1996-10-16 17:01:51
Hi,

After installing (personal) procmail on the above system, I
cannot get any mail to deliver properly.

my .forward file:

  "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/guest/spicano/pub/bin.ULTRIX/procmail || exit 75
#spicano"

my .procmailrc:

  PATH=/usr/guest/spicano/pub/bin.ULTRIX:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:.
  MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
  DEFAULT=$HOME/Mail/INBOX.spool
  LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail/log-file
  LOCKFILE=$HOME/.procmail/lock-file

  # Set on when debugging
  VERBOSE=on

  :0
  * ^Subject:.*passdown
  passdown.spool

  :0
  * ^Subject:.*nbm status
  netbatch.spool

  :0
  * ^Subject:.*about nbm
  netbatch.spool

  :0
  * ^Subject:.*Message_From_NetBatch
  netbatch.spool

  :0
  * ^Subject:.*Daily hung netbatch jobs
  netbatch.spool

  # Anything that has not been delivered by now will go to $DEFAULT
  # using LOCKFILE=$DEFAULT$LOCKEXT

The Makefile was touched for the multi-architecture system
we have here (i.e., the ".ULTRIX"). The config.h file was
not touched. The "make" occurred successfully.

All my mail is lost during my testing, and no proc-mail log
file appears?

When I run procmail manually on my /usr/spool/mail/spicano
file, things appear to work just fine? I have tried numerous
versions of the .forward file and cannot get it to work.
Can anyone suggest more advanced debugging techniques or
some pointers on ultrix-specific systems?

Thanks.
Silvio