Configuring Procmail as an anonymous remailer

1996-10-20 13:15:14
Is it possible to set up a Procmail recipe that would act as an anonymous
remailer?  (anonymous remailers take a message, strip off all of the
headers or replace them so the recipient won't know who sent it.)  This
is what I want it to do:

1. check to see if the incoming message has a Remail-To: header
2. if it does, somehow move the address from that into the To: header
3. use formail to change/replace the header info, and add either some
   headers or a little paragraph at the bottom that explains where this is
   coming from, let me know if you have a problem with this, etc.
4. Send it on its way!

Is this at all possible?

Thanks!

Zach Babayco

zachb(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com <-------finger for PGP public key
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/4127
-----
If you need to know how to set up a mail filter or defend against
emailbombs, send me a message with the words "get helpfile" (without the
" marks) in the SUBJECT: header.  I have several useful FAQ's and documents
available.