Re: help with taking input from body

1996-10-25 10:09:01
On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

I would like to match a subject "search_archive" and take the body
and filter it through a 'for' loop

If you're sure the body only contains one word/line, you could do:
:0fb
* ^Subject: search_archive
| xargs -n1 grep {} file

# Now send a reply.

Otherwise, you could use this action line:

| tr ' ' '\012' | xargs -n1 grep '{}' file

Note that you need the quotes around the braces this time, because now
the action line is processed by a shell.

--
Guy Geens <guy(_dot_)geens(_at_)elis(_dot_)rug(_dot_)ac(_dot_)be>: Ph.D.
student at ELIS -- TFCG / IMEC

Dilbert: I've discovered the exact chemical compound which produces
         happiness. I've calculated the exact mixture of fruits and
         vegetables needed to produce happiness.  Do you realize what
         this means?

Dogbert: Yes, that the government will ban all fruits and vegetables.