Several newbie questions

1996-11-02 11:24:59
     Hi - I thought I'd combine several questions here, so as to keep the
volume I generate down.  I've read the available on-line resources,
archives of this list,etc, and missed the answers to the following, if they
were there.  Please reply as if you were talking to someone who missed  the
procmail clue truck when it drove by  :-)

     My procmailrc is shown at  http://www.pobox.com/~pjm/myproc.html, if
anyone would care to comment on it.  It runs from my remote shell account.

     1)  I've seen a file .mailog referenced, but I don't have one, and I
don't know how to create it / add to it.  I'd love to be able to keep a
running summary ( by count only ) of what my script has done.

     2)  Seeing as most email does not seem to have a 'Lines:' header, how
can I bounce on a size criteria ?  How about 'bounce if there's _any_
attached file ' ?

     3)   How can I include the original body with the added messages I
create for bounces ?

     4)  How can I bounce based on 'this person already sent me 'xxx' mails
today, looks like a bomb - bounce it' ?  Preferably with a message to
indicate the reason for the bounce.

     5)  What do the flags on the action line ( ! -oi -t ) mean ?  I don't
understand how that works.

     6)  How do I add line feeds to my generated messages ?

     This is the nested 'bouncing' code I use ( after condition testing to
determine the action to
take) , which I stole :-).

{
:0hfw # with `h' flag, no -k option for formail
| formail -r -i "Subject:Mail Delivery Refused - - Returned To Sender"

:0bfwi
| echo \
"Your letter was deleted, unread, and auto-bounced."\
"  Welcome to my kill file.  :-)"

:0
! -oi -t
}

     Well, I think I've included just about all of my questions, so I won't
be bugging you guys too much.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Email to pjm(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com

My personal WWW site is at  http://www.pobox.com/~pjm

The Sci.Engr.Heat-Vent-AC FAQ is at http://www.elitesoft.com/sci.hvac/

_______Semi-Obligatory personal statement follows  :-)  ________
Protect the _WHOLE_ Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment !