Re: Help a newbie

1996-11-03 16:12:51
On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Philip Guenther wrote:

Huh?  What's the "elm" command for?  You're already piping the message
into $SENDMAIL which will send the message back with the contents of
$PMDIR/.reject appende, so elm will have no input and will send an
empty message to "zrs(_at_)ZRS(_dot_)NET".

As I said, i'm not a programmer and merely copied that syntax from somebody
else.

| (formail -rkA"X-Loop: dbromage(_at_)metz(_dot_)une(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au" ;
cat $PMDIR/.reject) | \
      $SENDMAIL -oi -t; elm -s"Abuse not appreciated" zrs(_at_)ZRS(_dot_)NET
</dev/null

Rather than replying to the sender (which quite often is a faked address)
I want to send spam from those domains back to the admin contact for that
site, with .reject attached.

I've also misunderstood the way of implementing EXITCODE. Rather than
sending back the horrible mess EXITCODE=77 is supposed to generate, it just
saves in a folder called EXITCODE=77. As I said, I'm not a programmer. :)

Cheers
David