Re: mmdf forwarding

1996-11-04 12:22:20

I'm running procmail on SCO OS5 which uses MMDF.  I have MMDF setup so =
that its .maildelivery calls procamail, BUT when a user goes to read his
mail it complains that the mailbox format is incorrect.  When I review =
the mail
box files I notice that the ^A from the header and tail of the messages =
are
missing.  How can this be corrected?

Can you please reply via email as well, I'm not currently a subscriber =
to this mailling list.

I had the same problem some minutes ago, when i finally compiled and
installed procmail :)
That's funny because i'm on this list for some weeks and can't remember
seeing something about MMDF.

First, one has to uncomment the sMAILBOX_SEPARATOR and
eMAILBOX_SEPARATOR lines in config.h. I did this right in the beginning
and everything worked as expected. But then i decided to add a
me to identify unread mail. To add the line, i used
  '| formail -a"Status: O" >>folder' as action.
With the consequence that the "^A^A^A^A" lines where lost.

Currently i'm using the following solution:
| (echo "\001\001\001\001";formail -a"Status: O";echo "\001\001\001\001")
folder

It works. But i would like to know whether there is a better solution.
I'm still reading thru the man pages.

  (mk)

PS: The command 'cnvtmbox' helps to repair "corrupted" folders.

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47