Re: A problem with procmail

1996-11-11 10:48:51
Ananda Ladi <larao(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com> writes:
      We have procmail v3.11pre on our system, and it puts 4 <ctrl>-A's at
the beginning, and end of every mail. After quite some research, we realized
that it's a problem with this version. version 3.10b works fine.

This is configuration error.  To quote the top of the config.h file:

/*$Id: config.h,v 1.71 1995/10/30 02:09:07 srb Exp $*/

/*#define sMAILBOX_SEPARATOR    "\1\1\1\1\n"    /* sTART- and eNDing separ.  */
/*#define eMAILBOX_SEPARATOR    "\1\1\1\1\n"    /* uncomment (one or both)
                                                   if your mail system uses
        nonstandard mail separators (non sendmail or smail compatible mailers
        like MMDF), if yours is even different, uncomment and change the
        value of course */

Note that they are commented out by default.  Whoever installed
v3.11pre must have not been sure whether they should be used,
uncommented them, and thus broken the installation.

Philip Guenther