delivering mail in user's home directory & procmail

1996-11-12 09:43:42

I have installed procmail on my sistem solaris2.4 and  I have used it to have
mail delivered in the user's home directory.
This is all right! But I have two problems now:
1) when I log in into my system, I'm not notified about new mail in the
mailbox /home/user/.mail (that is: I have to check for new mail, running
mailx for instance);
2) I have created some folders in which I direct some mail messages: how can I
have notification about the folder in which new messages have arrived?  Is it
possible to do it?
Thanks a lot for your help