Re: how can i setup an mailinglist

1996-12-03 09:24:40
From:          "van 't Hoff" <erikh(_at_)rdc(_dot_)nl>
To:            <procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE>
Date:          Tue, 3 Dec 1996 10:28:48 +0100

I want to make an mailinglist under procmail, where can i find a faq or
information
how to setup such a mailinglist?

And is it possible that restricted persons only can send to that
mailinglist and that
i can approve subscriptions?

erik <erikh(_at_)rdc(_dot_)nl>

There are a few different programs out that do it
like Majordomo, but with help from people here
I was able to put one together that works fine
for my needs

from=`formail -rzx To:`

:0
* ^TO_test
* $? fgrep "$from" $PMDIR/ok
| $SENDMAIL  `cat $PMDIR/a.list`

This handles mail addressed to test(_at_)mydom(_dot_)com .
It compares the sender to a list in  file 'ok'.
And if there's a match it sends a copy of the email
to everyone in a file 'a.list'.

I needed to use the full path name.

Who would of ever though I could answer one of these questions. :)

T. Bachis