subject-based killfile

1996-12-07 08:01:22

I would like to setup a _sorting_ (not bouncing) recipe for certain
Subjects.

Well, actually, it would be based on _parts_ of subjects.  I would
like to be able to do this based on keywords found in the subject,
such as:

subscribe
unsubscribe
virus
try this
credit card
money
1-900
cmsg cancel
!!!
***
+++

I don't want to bounce these, just put them in a folder so I can
make sure they are messages to delete.

I was going to setup a file to do this, but since I'm not matching
full subjects, but only parts, I wondered if I had to do this within
.procmailrc with something like this:

:0:
* ^Subject:.(*ubscribe|\
                *virus|\
                *try this|\
                *cmsg cancel|\
                *credit cards|\
                *money|\
                *1-900)
Trash

of course this could get very long, which is why I wanted to do it
in a file, but can I do that without having to match the entire
subject??

Thanks again

TjL

--