automatic-replies

1996-12-13 18:05:01
Hi, there, I would like to know
how to set up an automatic reply to emails  for me ?
Thanks for your attention

Sincerely yours

Dr Fei Zhang
Department of Computational Science
National Univ. Singapore.

Dr. Fei Zhang,

1. Get procmail installed on your system, if it already isn't.

2. Setup so that procmail is invoked automatically to filter your mail
   as it is being delivered.

3. Write a ~/.procmailrc recipe file to do what you like.

For guidance and help, I have a library of procmail recipe files which
can be used as working examples and within your own recipes to perform
a variety of tasks, including automatic generation of both vacation and
acknowledgement email to incoming mail.  For this latter function,
read the file "ackmail.rc" carefully and use it, if it suits your
needs.

To get my procmail library, send me an email with the subject of "send
procmail library", or browse my web page under the "mail" or "depot"
links.

G'luck.

Alan Stebbens <aks(_at_)sgi(_dot_)com>      http://reality.sgi.com/aks