Couldn't determine implicit lockfile from "appnmail"

1996-12-16 01:13:45
Hi,

I  tried basic recipes and most of them start with :0: to use a
lockfile. But everytime a mail arrives, I have this error in the
procmail log :
Couldn't determine implicit lockfile from "appnmail"

Note that the mail gets delivered anyhow and that I fortunately can
read it. But this error continues to arrive everytime. Here is an
example of one of my recipes :
:0:
* ^TOprocmail
|appnmail Mail

This appnmail Mail will append the incoming mail to the file Mail/mbox
Does anyone have an idea on how to set up those lock files without
getting all these errors ?
And further more, does the mere prescence of a .lock file actually
means that it is locked or does this file have to hold something in
it to ensure the locking process ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Jacques GARBI
Colombus SA
Av. de France 33
1004 Lausanne
Switzerland
Phone : ++41 21 661 16 75
Fax : ++41 21 661 16 73
NeXTMail  or MIME : jacques(_dot_)garbi(_at_)colombus(_dot_)com