Re: using MATCH for getting folder destination names

1996-12-16 06:46:02
On Dec 16 96, Tony Nugent
<tony(_at_)trishul(_dot_)sci(_dot_)gu(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au> wrote:

However, after thinking about this, I realised that all these recipes
are very similar and that using the `MATCH' variable might make it
possible for me to greatly simplify things so that *one* recipe is
used for delivering messages from each of these lists!

Something along the lines of:

:0
* (^From[^:]|^Cc:|^To:).*linux-.*(-|@)
$MATCH/.

My question is if this is possible.  I'm sure it is, but how?

When I started reading the procmail man pages yesterday I noticed a
section in procmailrc(1):

      MATCH       This variable is assigned to by procmail when­
                   ever  it is told to extract text from a match­
                   ing regular expression.  It will  contain  all
                   text  matching the regular expression past the
                   `\/' token.

So your recipe should maybe look like:

:0
$MATCH/.