Replying to the PROCMAIL mailing list

1996-12-18 12:09:39
I picked up the following recipe from a fellow NetCom users' PROCMAILRC
file:

        :0 fhw
        * ^Return-Path:.*procmail-request
        | $FORMAIL -i "Reply-To:
procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de"

Which works fine except for when I send receive email from the list
managing email address
"procmail-request(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de".
When I receive email from that address, I don't want to reply to the
LIST, I want to reply to list managing email address.  So I've modified
the recipe as follows -- it's a very simple change, but one that will
hopefully spare the list from some further grief.  It's important that
the colon is in the third line as what we are wanting to match is the
'From:' line and not the 'From' line:

        :0 fhw
        * ^Return-Path:.*procmail-request
        * !^From:.*procmail-request
        | $FORMAIL -i "Reply-To:
procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de"

Anyone see any problems with this?

Lates!
Tim <bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
*PGP ENCRYPTED EMAIL PREFERRED*