procmail & mailbox formats & mmdf

1997-01-07 20:27:37

Good day,

        I am new to the list so apologizes first for posting anything
inapropriate.  A brief introduction.  My name is Chris Nolan and I am the
Systems Administrator for my company, Katydid Information SystemS and our
clients.
        Now to my first problem.  I installed procmail 3.10 on my home
machine a few months ago (slackware linux) and it went in without a hitch.
I am now trying to install it on the company machine and am having some
difficulties.  The machine is a SCO 5.0 box, with mmdf as the MTA and I'm
using pine to read the mail.  What is happening is with I have either the
.forward (default) file or the .maildelivery file in place to pass
everything to procmail, mmdf reports that my mailbox is in the wrong
format, please change it.  And my messages are regularily (but not
consistantly) combined into a single message.  (I was real peeved at my
self when I deleted a message yesterday morning that looked like it wasn't
important to later realize it contained an important message I had been
waiting for).
        What I'm looking for is either a way to specify the format that
procmail writes to the mailboxes in, or something I'm doing wrong in mmdf.
(Any other suggestions?)  I don't think the -Y will do because it is
suppose to use the 'old berkley format mailbox's' and mmdf is reporting
that mail is being delivered format:old and wants it in format:configured.

Thx,

Chris Nolan                                        cnolan(_at_)katydid(_dot_)ca
Katydid Information SystemS                     Tel: +1 613 257-1061
Keeping it Simple for You                       Fax: +1 613 257-8211