Ideas on mungedomain

1997-01-14 15:54:26
Hi,

Does anyone know a way to turn an email address from:
     account(_at_)subdomain(_dot_)subdomaind(_dot_)domain(_dot_)com
into
     account(_at_)domain(_dot_)com?

For some reason the version of majordomo here at netcom isn't doing that
for me (even with mungedomain=YES).

My goal is to have Procmail look at Non-member bounced messages, extract
the subdomain name(s) and then grep with the member list file and, if
found, send the message on to the list with a new From: line that majordomo
will accept.

Oh, is it possible to also spoof the From_ line from procmail to make the
message really look like it came from the original sender?  As it is now,
when I forward bounced non-member messages on to the my list the messages
look like they came from me.

Thanks very much

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com