Re: procmail

1997-01-14 18:45:52
On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Philip Guenther wrote:

Wojciech Zukowski <wozu(_at_)jan(_dot_)mech(_dot_)pg(_dot_)gda(_dot_)pl>
writes:
I've just start procmail on my account bu it doesn't work good...
mails on my server are in /var/~mail, and procmail is configured for
/var/spool/mail, i'm not root, and i can't change it...could you help me?

a) [good solution] bug whoever installed procmail to correct the config
      and reinstall.
b) [bad solution] put the following at the top of your .procmailrc:

      ORGMAIL = /var/mail/$LOGNAME
      DEFAULT = $ORGMAIL

Third solution is to compile your own version.  Which I've found to be a
more optimal solution on a couple of systems.

--
The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that
will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful.