Using INCLUDERC as an Action Line

1997-01-17 12:19:12
    I am using procmail 3.10 under SunOS 4.1.4.  I am trying to test
a block of code for use as an action routine for reuse in multiple
recipes in the same .procmailrc.  Something like

:0:
* _some_conditions_here_
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/_some_action_block_.rc

where _some_action_block_.rc is a multi-line {...} block in a separate
file in $PMDIR.  (The conditions, of course, will vary by
circumstances, but the action to be taken when conditions are met is
the same, which is the whole point of wanting to modularize the action
routine.)

    However, the log reveals that procmail is trying to treat
INCLUDERC=... in the position of the action line as if it were the name
of a folder and then grumbling that it cannot acquire a lock for it or
write to it.  Because I do not want to have to rewrite this identical
block of code each time, man procmailrc led me to think that I could
simply INCLUDERC it.  Any suggestions or recommendations gratefully
received.

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart