Re: condition matching from a file

1997-01-18 21:49:11
era eriksson seems to have said:
The backticks will actually substitute all newlines in the output of
the cat with a space. Probably not what you want. Try this (swiped
from an old post by wotan(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com, I think):

    SENDER=`formail -rtzx To:`

        This is neat!  As an experiment
        I just ran this command on a few old folders:

                formail -s formail -rtzx To: < $oldfolder | sort -u

        ... and it builds a list of people and lists which have
        sent me mail.

--
Jim Dennis,
info(_at_)mail(_dot_)starshine(_dot_)org