Using procmail to limit access

1997-02-05 07:15:30
Hello all,

I am cross posting this to 2 lists because of the problems/solutions I am
looking at.

Our Freenet board has decided that no PPP accounts will have ftp or sh access
to the server but want the users to have the ability to but their own home
page(s) on the server.  Being a volenteer administrator I don't always get the
chance to read my email every day.  Thus an automated procedure would be best.

One suggestion I had was using procmail with a special account that the user
would email their home page to and procmail would put it in the proper place (I
saw a simmilar thing for VGA Planets where in the subject line you put
predefined key words and procmail prcesses it).

Since I am no expert with procmail (only seen the VGAP stuff), I guess my
questions are:

1) how are other ISP's handling this?
2) does someone have such a procmail script that I hack away at?
3) any other suggestions?

Thnaks

--
David Hnatiw                                  AECL, Whiteshell Laboratories
Research Technologist                         Pinawa, Manitoba, R0E 1L0, Canada