procmail hanging

1997-02-13 01:57:58

Hi,

I have the following line in my .forward :

"|IFS=' '&&p=/user/hascoet/bin/procmail&&test -f $p&&exec $p -Yf-||exit 75
#hascoet"

The problem is : when I receive a large Mime mail (typically over 1Mo)
my procmail hangs and consume a lot of CPU time until I kill it by
hand. Then the mail stays in the mail queue without being delivered
(and blocking the queue each time procmail try to process this
message). There is no problem of disk space or conflicting lockfiles,
the problem remains when I remove my .procmailrc file (or when I put a
very simple one), and the hanging procmail process does not seem to
have any child. I had being using procmail v3.11pre4 on a Spark sun4m
with SunOs-4.1.3 for 2 months without any problem but I was not used
to receive large mails.

Any clue ?

Vincent.