procmail filled up my mail spool

1997-02-20 15:00:57
Recently I got 5 big messages with a total of 14 MB. Elm wasn't
able to to delete the messages from my mailbox and I decided to filter
them out using formail and procmail with the following command and
procmailrc file:
cat /mailspool/mybox | formail -s procmail -m procfile

procfile:
HOME=myhomedir
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail

:0
* < 2000000
* ! ^Subject: huge file
mysmallmail

Unfortunately a loop filled up the mailspool completely. I got the
smaller messages as intended but each of them several times.

What was going wrong? Did I miss a lockfile?

Thanks, Werner