Re: how to kill on this

1997-02-21 23:14:03
Wotan <wotan(_at_)netcom(_dot_)netcom(_dot_)com> writes:
I can kill this crap off with no problem - except for the ^.  I've tried all
of the following in my test filters (all begining with :0 B)

^Spam
\^Spam
.^Spam
.\^Spam

Each resulted in Match not found according to my verbose logs.

How about:

:0 B
* ()\^Spam
/dev/null

Your last condition should have worked, actually, for all those cases
where the caret wasn't the first thing on the line.  The problem is
that a leading backslash on a regexp is stripped while looking for the
conditions specials like '!', '?', '$', 'var ??', etc.  The lonely '.'
in your fourth example, or the '()' in what I show (kudos to David
Tamkin for the idea) serve to protect the backslash from this
strippage.  Otherwise, escaping the caret with a backslash is all that
it should require.

Philip Guenther