Re: What's this DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE thing?

1997-03-13 14:16:53
Thats not procmail, that's imapd.

It needs that article to hold crucial data for IMAP4 clients, specifically,
mine looks like:

From MAILER-DAEMON Thu Mar 13 13:13:56 1997
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 13:13:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Mail System Internal Data
<MAILER-DAEMON(_at_)mailhost(_dot_)cmc(_dot_)net>
Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message.  It is created automatically by the mail system software.
If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created

The crucial line is the X-IMAP line, which contains the date/time this mailbox
was first imap-ized and the highwater IMAP id which it needs (each UID
according to IMAP4 must be unique).

If you don't want it, don't run IMAP, or use ipop3d that comes with the IMAP4
toolkit which hides this message from you.  People who read mail locally or via
NFS will still see this.

Hello everyone!

Since I made procmail my system mailer, I (and the other people on my
system) got this mail message:

<MAILER-DAEMON(_at_)city(_dot_)ci(_dot_)worcester(_dot_)ma(_dot_)us>

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message.  It is created automatically by the mail system software.
If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be re-created
with the data reset to initial values.

----

How do I get rid of this?
What happens if I do get rid of it??