Re: procmail

1997-03-24 14:54:56
On Mon, 24 Mar 1997 20:58:24 +0000 (US/PST),
"Daniel C. Konnoff" <daniel(_at_)mysonusa(_dot_)com> wrote:
     in the mail message header. I would also like to create
     a rule to filter based upon the Cc header line but did
     not find any information in the documentation about this.
     :0:
     * ^CCdaniel
     danielfile

^CC doesn't do anything. To match exactly on the Cc: header, type
exactly the Cc: header.

:0:
* ^Cc:(.*<\)?daniel
danielfile

The ^TO special macro is different, it includes a lot of additional
magic. If you are brave and want to have absolutely bullet-proof
matching, look at the documentation for the ^TO macro and figure out
which parts you want. (You'd just replace the ((Resent-)?To|Cc) with
the fields you want to match on; apparently just Cc in your case.)

Hope this helps,

/* era */

Thanks to Daniel Tamkin who pointed out the \< stuff to me.

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>