mail digest with graphics -> hypertext?

1997-03-28 00:20:55

I'm on the receiving end of a mail digest where the participants
often add charts/tables in the form of gif images, which are enocoded
as attachments.  Well, if I view the digest in my mail reader (zmail),
it doesn't have knowledge of the individual attachments.  What would
be best (for me) is that I could pass the message through a filter
that converts the message to an html doc. with each individual
sub-attached gif file broken out as separate file, and with a link
encoded that points to the gif image.  Anyone tried building a filter
like that?