Re: Can procmail forward to web pages?

1997-03-28 08:41:15
KG <100270(_dot_)3700(_at_)CompuServe(_dot_)COM> writes:
I'm wondering if it is possible to forward a mail to a web page.

This is UNIX: everything is possible.

I receive a mail from johndoe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com with the subject "TEST"
and want to
send this automatically to a web page with the command
http://www.domain.com/test(_dot_)cgi?from=johndoe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com&subject=TEST.
But how should the perl script "callwebpage.pl" look like?
Can the result from the webpage be forwarded to another domain (i.e.
forward(_at_)domain(_dot_)com)

Or is this strictly impossible with procmail+perl?

Visit the perl homepage <http://www.perl.com/perl/index.html> and look
for the CPAN module listing.  In particular, look for the libwww-perl
module.  The perl script may be a one liner with libwww-perl.

Philip Guenther