Quota Thing...

1997-03-30 02:39:46
Dear All,

We are going to upgrade our site to use Sendmail 8.8.5 and procmail as
our local delivery agent. Currently, we have user mailbox file system
"/var/mail" being set system quota. Different users may have different
quota limit. I saw in the file "examples/advanced", that procmail can do
similar sort of thing, but it is not clear what it means, The tag
"Maxsize=" limits the size of user mailbox, or limits the size of
incoming mails? I believe it should be the former, but I would like to
confirm that.

Also, as a matter of fact, our machine is running HP-UX 10.10, and it
ships with a buggy local delivery agent "rmail", which behaves strangely
when mails can't be put to local user's mail box due to quota limitation.
It may truncate the mail, or it may ignore it without any kind of
warning. I do not know too much about procmail, but under such
circumstances, what will procmail do?

Thanks for any advice.

Best,

Daniel, CSC, Lingnan College.