Re: procmail bug report

1997-04-06 14:57:00
Stephen van den Berg wrote,

| LOGABSTRACT=all was never intended to be used on anything
| other than "delivering" recipes (as defined in the procmailrc man page).
| The fact that adding a "c" flag on those recipes seems to change them
| into delivering recipes [as far as logabstracts go] is actually purely
| coincidental.

| The question now is, should procmail consider the 'c' flag to change those
| recipes to be "delivering" (and therefore fix the content of LASTFOLDER)
| or should procmail simply ignore the 'c' on those recipes all together
| and not log a thing.  What is what one would expect, and is it useful?

Though I'd rather have a way to get a logabstract on some non-delivering
recipes and hate to give it up, in all honesty I'd have to say that filter
and capture recipes should never be treated as delivering and that nothing
should be logged.

That is, unless Stephen is (oh no, creeping featurism) amenable to a
recipe flag that means "log this recipe if it is executed, even if it is
non-delivering or if LOGABSTRACT is off."