Cyberpromo domains -- a thought

1997-04-11 19:23:00
Well, after that last posting, it occured to me that the purpose of the
original recipe (sink to /dev/null any email from one of the cyberpromo
domains) would be best served by one of our favorite "bozo-filter"
setups:

  :0
  * ? fgrep -f $HOME/cyberpromo.domains
  /dev/null

This would look for a domain from the file cyberpromo.domains appearing
*anywhere* in the header (which is essentially what the three recipes in
the original recipe do anyway).  This recipe is a bit smaller, and
perhaps a bit more elegant.

It would work fine as long as you didn't receive a message with one of
those domains in the Subject: header.

-- Lars

---
Lars Kellogg-Stedman * lars(_at_)bu(_dot_)edu * (617)353-8277
Boston University Office of Information Technology