Help compiling v3.11pre6

1997-04-12 02:21:00
I am having trouble compiling procmail v3.11pre6 and was hoping someone
out there could help me.  Here's the problem:  Here at NetCom (my ISP),
our system mailboxes are stored in "$HOME/.mailbox/inbox".  I was able to
get procmail v3.11pre4 to compile properly by editing the file "config.h",
specifically, I believe I changed the line from:

        /*#define SYSTEM_MBOX   "$HOME/.mail"

to:

        define SYSTEM_MBOX   "$HOME/.mailbox/inbox"

but I don't remember for sure (it's been a while).  However, with procmail
v3.11pre6, things have changed a bit.  Now, looking in its "config.h", I
see the following:

        /* This usually allowed you to define SYSTEM_MBOX.  This has changed.
        If you want mail delivery to custom mail-spool-files, edit the
        authenticate.c file and change the content of:  auth_mailboxname() */

Ok, so now I go to "src/authenticate.c" and look for 'auth_mailboxname('
and find:

        const char*auth_mailboxname(pass)auth_identity*const pass;

which is Greek to me (I don't know C/C++).  What specifically do I need to
do here? Or if not here, specifically, what do I need to do?  If this is
covered in a FAQ or something like that, please don't flame away, just
give me a gentle nudge in the right direction, ok?

Lates!
Tim <bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
mailto:bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
Finger bodysurf(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com for my PGP public key (Bits 1024/KeyID
09DA5C49).
PGP Key FPrint (09/03/94): 4C 97 F1 FA 70 55 68 91  49 D1 AD F2 DD 63 0C 15
---------------------> Please PGP encrypt your email <---------------------