Re: Exit an included rc file?

1997-04-13 23:07:00
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars(_at_)bu(_dot_)edu> writes:
Is there an easy way to exit from an rc file included via the INCLUDERC
variable?

Nope.

I suppose one alternative is to wrap the entire rc file inside the
nesting block; that is:

:0
* $ ! ^$THE_HEADER_I_WANT
{
    ...the other recipes...
}

Yep.  I would probably not indent the inner recipes, and comment that
fact:

:0
* $ ! ^$THE_HEADER_I_WANT
{
# This block contains the rest of the file

...the other recipes...

# End of "* ! ^$THE_HEADER_I_WANT" block
}

Any thoughts?

Most programming languages have this same problem (consider the
#if/#endif blocks that wrap most C/C++ include files), but then again,
most programming languages don't use the file as the unit of procedural
reference.

Philip Guenther