Re: Newbie, please help!

1997-04-18 01:08:00
"Barbara" == Barbara Brown
<brown(_at_)support(_dot_)coe(_dot_)fsu(_dot_)edu> writes:

Barbara> I read somewhere that
Barbara> procmail can simulate a listserv. How is this done? I have a

I think you are refering to SmartList. It's a set of programs and
procmail recipes. You can get it at the same addresses as procmail.

Barbara> large group of people (like 52) that I want to be able to
Barbara> mail to, and I want the list to be able to grow easily (added
Barbara> manually though). The only way I know how to do this (besides
Barbara> making a majordomo mailing list which I don't have access to
Barbara> on this machine) is to create an alias in Elm. This just
Barbara> seems like a very messy solution. Does procmail offer a nicer
Barbara> one?

Normally, procmail doesn't see your outgoing mail. I'm sure it can be
done, but without root access, things will be even more `messy'. (If
anyone wants to contradict me on this, please do.)

--
Guy Geens <ggeens(_at_)iname(_dot_)com>
Home Page: http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/~ggeens