Re: :0c not logged?

1997-04-20 23:26:00
"Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org> writes:

I have a pretty simple receipe, to put a copy of any NeXTMail I
receive into a specific folder:

:0c
* ^Next-Attachment:
NeXTMail

This works, but the action does not seem to be logged (VERBOSE=off)

Is this a feature, bug, or misunderstanding?

Feature & misunderstanding.  To quote the procmailrc(5) manpage:

     LOGABSTRACT Just before procmail exits it logs  an  abstract
                 of the delivered message in $LOGFILE showing the
                 `From ' and `Subject:'  fields  of  the  header,
                 what  folder it finally went to and how long (in
                 bytes) the message was.  By setting  this  vari-
                 able  to  `no',  generation  of this abstract is
                 suppressed.  If you set it  to  `all',  procmail
                 will   log  an  abstract  for  every  successful
                 delivering recipe it processes.

I.e., procmail normally only logs the last recipe it executes.  If you
want it to log all the delivering recipes that it executes (which
except for the last have the 'c' flag) then you should set LOGABSTRACT
to 'all'.  If you only want it to do so for one 'c' flagged recipe,
then you should set LOGABSTRACT to 'all' for that recipe then back to
on/true/yes.

Philip Guenther