Testing Values

1997-04-23 20:09:00

Question:

I'd like the ability to do something like this in a recipe:

FOO=`program`

:0:
* FOO=?val
whatever

(basically, have FOO get the value from a program (which you can
do now very easily) and check if the value of foo is something,
in which case the condition is satisfied.

Is this possible?

-roy

           Roy S. Rapoport / rsr(_at_)aonix(_dot_)com / phone:415-543-0900
               Email rsr+services(_at_)aonix(_dot_)com for info on how
                to contact me, get my PGP public key, etc.
      Paul Vixie took my pen and all I got was this lousy .signature