mailing list for spamgard(tm)

1997-04-25 12:07:00

=== Nothing above this line is part of the message. ===

Michael Ghens has generously offered to provide a mailing list for
spamgard(tm).  This will provide a more focused venue for discussion,
and allow the procmail list to remain focused on procmail as such.

This is a free country (oops, that's quite a USAcentric statement,
isn't it?), and you can do what you want, but my recommendation is to
subscribe now, and wait until about Tuesday or so to start actually
talking, so we can get a reasonable audience for what anyone may have
to say.

The name of the mailing list contains a "u" to, ahem, aid in trademark
protection.  :)

To subscribe, send a message

  To: spamguard-request(_at_)spconnect(_dot_)com
  Subject: subscribe

You will be asked to confirm your subscription.  I have never seen
instructions quite like these before, but they work, so follow them.

To send a letter to the mailing list, use

  To: spamguard(_at_)spconnect(_dot_)com

*** not ***

  To: spamguard-request(_at_)spconnect(_dot_)com

Mail coming to you from the list itself has been configured always to
show

That way you can simply "reply" to a message to get yours sent to the
list.  This may sound self-evident, but hey, not all mailing lists are
configured so conveniently....

Michael has expressed the intention to enforce a "no flames" rule by
summarily unsubscribing people making personal attacks.  The list is
being maintained with his time and his facility, and I can't blame him
for being vehemently opposed to flames.  More power to you, Michael!

On the other hand, there have been times in the procmail mailing list
when flames have coexisted with substantive procmail discussion.  If
you think you have been inappropriately dropped from spamguard, let me
know, and I'll find a way to mediate somehow.

Signatures Follow. (tm)

-- It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Bill Evans/Box 4829/Irvine, California 92616/(714)551-4829  _   /| ACK!
Email-To: wje(_at_)acm(_dot_)org  -- PGP encrypted mail preferred. --  \`o_O' /
   Finger wje(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com for public key.   Key #: 441AFEA5   =( )=
PGPprint: FB D0 1C 1D EF DC 26 BA  B3 9E 84 0B 40 D6 59 9C     U