Re: Generic request to new readers of this mailinglist

1997-04-30 01:08:00
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 00:05:48 -0400,
Stan Ryckman <stanr(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)tiac(_dot_)net> wrote:
Just my two cents.  I do see your point, but at the moment I seem to
notice far more clutter from "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" messages
as well as "man pages? what man pages?" posts than I do from
"thank you" posts.

Tangentially, while Stephen is on the list, let me re-voice my
sentiment that since SmartList is obviously smart enough to pick up
the subscribe messages and process them, can't it just put them on
hold or whatever instead of distributing them to the list? Or bounce
them with a pointer to how to get them not to bounce.

/* era */

(Yes, I have a pretty good filter to get rid of them. Only the recent
flurry of "yarg: unsuscribe" got past that, and it occasionally
matches when it shouldn't. Anyhow, we shouldn't all have to build our
own barricade when the server could do it once and for all.)

--
Difin-a-t-e-ly. Sap-e-r-a-te. Grum-m-e-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>