Re: Carbon copy for each TO

1997-05-01 12:46:00
Liston Bias <bias(_at_)wombat(_dot_)eng(_dot_)fsu(_dot_)edu> writes:
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Philip Guenther wrote:

Is there an similar technique to LASTFOLDER for testing if a message has
been forwarded such as:

    :0 c:
    * ^TO.*\<bob\>
    ! bob(_at_)mail(_dot_)com

This does not appear to set any flags?

[...]

Anyway, the result is they LASTFOLDER is indeed set (unless I'm off my
rocker).  BTW, you can remove the second colon (after the 'c' flag), as
there's no need for a locallockfile on this recipe.

And if it is not, couldn't one use
:0 c
* ^TO.*\<bob\>
{
  ! bob(_at_)mail(_dot_)com
  LASTFOLDER=/has/been/forwarded
}
and set LASTFOLDER explicitly? (Since LASTFOLDER setting is undocumented, it
may change, even if it works with current procmail versions)

Another question related to my first is how do I write rules about "If mail
involves in any way bob then ..."
I thought of

TOFROM = (^TO)(^From:(.*[^a-zA-Z])?)

and using conditions like

* $${TOFROM}bob

but it will not work.

Regrads,
        Axel Thimm.
--
Axel Thimm   thimm(_at_)physik(_dot_)fu-berlin(_dot_)de thimm(_at_)ifh(_dot_)de