SPAM in the news -- Stanford (Spamford) Wallace and his Cyber Bomber.

1997-05-01 13:56:00
    Since SPAM seems to be a topic of great interest on this list, I
    thought I'd forward the following that was posted on one of our
    local lists.

 Cyber Promotions, the most infamous and aggressive source of
 spammed e-mail, has a Web page at:
    http://www.answerme.com/

    :
    :

 Read the Cyber Promotions (CP) page and weep.  Or know thy enemy.
 Whatever applies.  There is a link to a profile by CNET of
 the CP owner.  His name is Stanford Wallace, but he likes to
 be called "Spamford".  Scrolling further down on the CP Web page
 (which is very ugly, BTW), you will find their latest service
 adverised ... "Cyber Bomber".
                ------------

 With this product CP exults how a customer using a 28.8 modem
 will be able to send out up to 150,000 e-mail messages/per
 hour *and* in such a way that the recipients can't trace back
 to the source to post angry messages (they cloak or eliminate
 any header information that would allow tracing).  And to do
 this all for an affordable price.  You can expect to hear a lot
 more about Cyber Bomber.

                                                Later...BC

--
Bill(_dot_)Costa(_at_)UNH(_dot_)EDU ]---+