Re: procmail interferring with xbiff?

1997-05-02 09:53:00

I wrote about using procmail as a local delivery agent in sendmail.cf:

            when I get new mail I hear a beep which I presume to come
from procmail, but xbiff never registers that new mail has arrived.

What do procmail users use instead of xbiff?
Or how do they tell xbiff to behave properly?

I have found that tkgoodstuff's Biff client recognizes new mail
delivered by procmail.  However, there's overhead involved !
The tkgwish4.1 running process uses up 3MB of RAM, quite a lot
for my limited use of only a Biff client.

I'll keep looking for other biff programs, just in case I find something
more reasonable.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist
<galbraith(_at_)mixing(_dot_)qc(_dot_)dfo(_dot_)ca>